There’s a distinct difference between waking up and getting up. While a strategy may work for one or the other, finding a strategy that works for both is more challenging.
In December I wrote about iOS Back Button Confusion, outlining how having multiple back buttons on the same screen in iOS creates user mistakes or slowdowns as they determine which button they should use. I recently noticed the same issue with my RSS reader of choice, NetNewsWire (which is an outstanding app for reading RSS feeds on the desktop).
Being a university student, I have taken a lot of notes for my courses. I have not, however, been able to find a method for taking notes that satisfies my desire to use my computer as much as possible, while giving me the flexibility and speed I need when taking notes.
Fraser Speirs posted a very necessary explanation about how iOS background applications work in an attempt to stop incorrect information from being spread. While I agree in principle, I disagree in practice.
Since I purchased my iPhone in September, I’ve had a consistent issue that is prevalent in many iOS apps. While small, it is a source of frustration nonetheless. My issue: back button confusion with embedded, in-app browsers.
When reading PDFs in Full-Screen Preview, I discovered a thin bar that activates a preview pane. I have high respect for Apple’s design and execution in their software and hardware, but I believe something was overlooked in its design.
Design Dare has found something truly incredible:
In China, because of the stifling censorship, they decided to recreate the satellite maps by hand-drawing everything.
It is an incredible accomplishment and well worth taking a look at.
In searching for a video to watch recently, I came upon a truly exceptional TED talk presented by Jill, a brain scientist, who experienced a brain hemorrhage and she describes what happened during the event. The talk is: Jill Bolte Taylor’s stroke of insight.
I had always found it annoying how the majority of the songs in my iTunes library, when sorted by artist, were sorted by the artist’s last name instead of their display name. The solution ended up being fairly simple.
I have made massive changes to my website with user-facing design changes, as well as back-end structural changes. With this post I hope to describe the changes that took place and the reasoning behind them.